Wednesday, January 4, 2012

HOLIDAY EATS!

After thrice instances of exploding cupcakes, I finally managed a successful batch. Only today did I discover it was a flour mix-up! I had too many bags of unnamed flours and accidentally used hard white bread flour. Oops. So let's recap.


First we have soy nog cupcakes with Brandy Alexander icing.

This was my Christmas dinner, which consisted of colcannon with leeks and cabbage, a sweet potato lentil salad with carmelized onions, cranberries and toasted pecans, and lastly a chestnut lentil loaf.

As per my mother's request, I made peppermint nanaimos again for dessert.

Today I whipped up some dark chocolate, raspberry cream filled cupcakes. Our measuring cup was lost somewhere (hidden in the dishwasher), and I ran out of sugar, but they managed to turn out alright!

I've been giving a lot of consideration to doing this baking thing full-time. I have begun the process of starting a business, though it's a lot of research and there isn't much information out there on the costs versus revenue, or anything related to vegan food revenues. I'm still not 100% convinced it's a smart move, despite my obvious penchant for baking. We shall see!

No comments: