Sunday, March 20, 2011

LONG LOST TREATS

I am terrible at updating this site, I realize this. I guess I never thought anyone really bothered with it. I'm going to do my best to get back into blogging. It's been so long since I've posted many of these foods that I've forgotten exactly what they are.

I'm pretty sure these muffins were straight up almond + chocolate chip. Might have some dried cherries in there also. I know that was a pretty killer combo (cherry & almond).


These, I felt like I must master since moving to England. Sultana scones! Simple recipe, which I failed at making a few times before I really got somewhere. Essentially, it's butter mixed with flour/baking powder? a bit of sugar and a splash of milk. The key is to rub a little milk on the top of them before baking. They taste especially nice sliced in half and topped with jam.

I definitely understand why I end up with photos of a solitary baked good. Generally they are so irresistable that I end up eating most of the batch before they've had time to cool. In this particular situation, it's the chocolate addiction that leds me to polishing these off prior to setting properly in the fridge.

My mum has been making these Sweet Marie treats as long as I can remember. Chocolates, peanuts + goodness = BLISS.

No comments: